Wednesday, June 25, 2008

11 weeks old today!

I can't believe that it has been 11 weeks since Ceci was born! The time seems to have flown by and she is getting bigger and bigger every day. I am amazed at how quickly she is developing and meeting her milestones. I think that we are about to have to move up to a larger size diaper too (finally out of the newborn size into the size 1). She is holding her head up like a champ and is sitting in her Bumbo chair to eat most meals. Yesterday, she had a meal of apricots with mixed fruit and rice cereal. She is eating 4-6 ounces of formula when she takes a bottle and is putting on weight like a normal baby now. At night, she is sleeping in her crib (most of the time) and is only waking 1 time (on most nights). She is playing independently and is loving her new floor mat that is "perfectly pink". I even caught her watching Sesame Street the other morning! Her smiles are more meaningful and she is much more interactive during play time. I can't believe that she will be 3 months old next week. We will be going to Ashford for the annual McArthur reunion and she will meet the rest of the extended family (many many cousins)for the first time. I know that they will all be glad to see how well she is doing now. We go back to the doctor on July 9 and she will likely be starting her shots at that time. We have delayed giving them for several reasons, but now, have few excuses left to keep us from doing it. I am not looking forward to that day because I know that she will be in pain and probably not feel good. I hate seeing her hurt. I guess that is what mom's do though. I have been bad about not uploading pictures but hopefully soon I will get a chance to do so. I know that there are a lot of people who want to see my little peanut grow up!

No comments: