Monday, January 21, 2008

Keep them in your prayers

Yesterday, I was told that the son of a well-known radio show host had accidentally drowned in their family pool. The 2 1/2 year old son of Rick Burgess (from the Rick & Bubba show) was unable to be revived after being found in the family pool on Saturday night. When I heard this, I was saddened and when I listened to the radio this morning, I was in tears. Regardless of socioeconomic status or of what this child's father does for a living, I am deeply saddened by their loss. We hear of things like this happening on the news but rarely do we ever think it would happen to someone we know.

This tragedy, along with the one that happened to my friend Andrea, are wakeup calls to us as a community. Please increase your vigilance in all surroundings-becoming more self aware and aware of those around you. Please keep these two families in your prayers.

No comments: