Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baby Ethan

Bonnie and Ethan
 (Bonnie with baby Ethan)
Kerry and Ethan
(Kerry with baby Ethan)



     (baby Ethan today-9/23/2009)

Lately, I have had a little bit of a hard time, emotionally. Things that are not usually draining are now seeming very laborious to me. I have had a lot on my mind...

On Sunday, September 13, we marked the anniversary of Charlie's death. It has been 3 years now but doesn't seem to be any easier. On the Thursday prior to that anniversary, my cousin, Bonnie, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. She named him Ethan. Bonnie endured a long and difficult labor but afterwards, things seemed to be ok. About 4 hours after he was born, Ethan began to have problems breathing. It appeared that he needed some assistance with his breathing. Later that night, he was transferred from Dothan to UAB Respiratory NICU via medical jet. Ethan continued to worsen and eventually developed pneumonia. He has been in the NICU for the past 12 days. I am telling you this because I am hoping that you can send some prayers his way. He has made some serious improvements over the past couple of days and we are hoping that he continues to move in a positive direction at the rate that the doctors are wanting. If you want to follow Ethan's story, you can click on this link:


I am hoping and praying that Bonnie and Kerry don't have to deal with the loss of a child like Jesse and I did. Although we lost Charlie in utero, I can still relate to the highs and lows that they are experiencing in praying that they don't lose their precious baby boy. My hope is that they can have a peaceful resolve to the entire situation and that Ethan will be healed and discharged in a speedy fashion!

I am sure that things will get better for me. This is just a difficult time of year. Hopefully, these problems will pass, baby Ethan will get better and we will all go on with our lives. Please, please pray for Ethan-he can use all the prayers he can get.

No comments: