Sunday, September 6, 2009

I guess it's time...


This is a picture from the evening following her first birthday celebration. More photos later.

so, I guess it is time for me to update this blog since I haven't done so in almost a year. Things are good with us. Jesse and I are still working at our same jobs, stock broker with Ameriprise Financial and Guidance Counselor at Minor High School, respectively. Ceci is going to be 17 months old next week, just 2 days before my 31 year old birthday. We are still living in the same old house in Roebuck. We put contracts on 3 different houses this summer, only to lose them for various reasons. We took our house off the market a few weeks ago to kind of take a break from the whole thing. Having your house on the market is VERY stressful. School started back for me and things are going pretty well. Much better than they were last year. I did get to move my office to a different part of the building, so that has helped a great deal. No longer around such negative influences/attitudes. This move has made getting up and going to work much easier as well.

Ceci is growing and is such a big girl now. She had her most recent checkup about 2 weeks ago and she got 4 shots. If you know me at all, you know I am not a fan of mandatory immunizations. I only make her get the ones that are absolutely required and we have delayed them as long as possible to try to minimize the possible side effects of them. She was sick for about 2 weeks following the administration of these shots. Again, The only reason she got them was so that she could go to Mother's Day Out 2 days a week, giving my mother-in-law a bit of a break. She was weighed at this visit and she was somewhere in the 80th percentile for weight-25 lbs 12 ounces and was in the 50 something percentile for height-30 1/2 inches. She is wearing 2T clothing now and is running and playing and talking up a storm. She has about 20 words that she can say that we understand. She loves to watch The Wiggles, Blue's Clues and pretty much anything on Noggin. She has a great attention span and can watch an entire 30 minute show without flinching. She loves to dance and I can't wait until she is big enough to take a dance class. I think that it will definitely help to get out some of her energy. Personality is developing and she is a very happy little girl most of the time. She gets along with other kids and enjoys playing with anyone who will give her the time of day. She has white blonde hair that is starting to curl and now has 10 teeth (with 2 more about to emerge). She loves to cuddle and is a true momma's girl.

So, I guess that is the big update. I am hoping to start updating more regularly, especially since we are finally in a routine. I will also post some pictures so that you can all see what we have been doing over the past year.

Chaio

1 comment: